Call for summer volunteers
22-29 of August 2022
Are you looking for a volunteer experience to crank up your resume? Would you love to participate in the creation of a cultural youth exchange? Are you not afraid of some challenging and insightful work? Would you love to come join us in Italy this summer? Then volunteering for Scambi is something made for you!
Who are we?
Scambi is the Festival of interactive workshops organized in Pigna, the old town of Sanremo (Italy) by a team of forty young people under-25, from all around Europe. An event unique in its kind in Italy, born from the desire to propose engaging experiences able to connect distant realities and ideas, pushing the public to not only be a spectator, but always a participant: through immersive activities, everyone is encouraged to interact and question themselves, discovering the other while discovering themselves. We started from zero in a country that invests too little in youth and innovation, and we built a space that is open, equitable and maybe utopian. We want to fight the intolerance towards what is different and pull people closer, through dialogue and interaction: for his vocation, Scambi festival aims to be a catalyst of stories and humanity, four days of joy and enthusiasm, mutual respect and willingness to test ourselves.
Scambi 2022 will be the second ever edition of our festival and we are working hard to make it even bigger and better than the first. Workshops, “pinoli”, plays, exchanges, games, experiments, dialogues, handcrafts and paintings: delve deeper into the universe of Scambi, and you will never want to come back!
For more info, have a look at the other pages of our website or feel free to contact us!
What we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated, creative, hard-working and open-minded volunteers who could contribute to making Scambi more diverse, international and fun! You will become part of the international volunteer team and are expected to be available in Sanremo between 22-29 of August. The festival itself will be held the 25-28 of August in the historic city centre of Sanremo. In the days leading up to the festival, you will help get the city ready to receive its visitors. During the festival, you will be working a maximum 6 hours per day on getting everything to run as smoothly as possible. Don’t worry, there will be enough free time to participate yourself!
Here are some additional requirements for our volunteers:
- You have to be available for a few online preparatory meetings. Dates will be discussed with the whole team.
- You feel connected to the philosophy behind Scambi and are open to participate in our intercultural youth exchange!
- We would love for you to contribute creatively as well, so if you have any special talents, inspirations or experience, that will be a bonus.
- Knowledge of English is mandatory. Italian is recommended, but not required.
What we offer?
You will not leave Scambi empty handed! On top of getting an amazing summer experience in beautiful Italy, we offer the following:
- Accommodation during your volunteer week in a host family in Sanremo
- Food and (public) transport in Sanremo will also be covered by our organisation
- However, travel costs from and to Sanremo will have to be covered by yourself
- Fun activities in the days leading up to the festival (don’t forget Sanremo has sunny beaches and great focaccia!)
- A Scambi certificate testifying to your amazing contribution (nice for your LinkedIn)
Does this sound like something for you? Send your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com before the 15th of June. We’ll get back to you!